Monday 24 February 2014

Bodybuilding Warehouse Performance Protein V2 Review

Bodybuilding Warehouse Performance Protein V2


 Overview

Bodybuilding Warehouse is rapidly building a name for itself as one of the best value supplement companies around. Couple their incredible value with their great customer service and insanely fast delivery and you can’t go far wrong.

Taste

I used the Sweet Strawberry flavour for this review and it tasted amazing, I would have preferred it a little thicker though, even when you reduce the water level it is still quite thin. Very few protein shakes leave you wanting another. I’ve had countless shakes where you hold your nose and just down it but I actually found myself enjoying this one. 8/10

Content

Nutritional Information Per 45g Serving:
Kcal 180
KJ 760
Protein (Dry Basis) 30.91g
Protein (As Is) 30.09g
Carbohydrates 9.34g
Sugars 8.69g
Fibre 0.26g
Fats 2.43g
of which Saturates 0.35g
Salt 0.2g


The only thing that I don’t like is the high sugar content, it really isn’t necessary to be that high.

Also included is what they refer to as a “Power Complex” or as you or I would call it Creatine. It’s actually 5g Creatine Monohydrate, 3g of Taurine, 2g Lysine and 1g Glycine. You’ll be forgiven for only recognising Creatine out of that list, the others mostly just help with endurance and Creatine absorption.

The bottom line is sugar! Why so much damn sugar! 7/10

Price

£14.99 for a 1kg bag that has 22 very high quality servings in.  What more needs to be said 10/10

Results
I used this whilst on a lean bulk (I hate the term bulk!) and over the course of 1 month where this was the only protein I used I gained 5lbs so nothing ground breaking but they were solid gains. I did not notice any reduction in muscle soreness though, so maybe not so great for recovery. 7/10

Side Effects

None. Not even the dreaded protein farts. 10/10

Bottom Line

If you are looking for a fantastic value protein shake then you can’t go far wrong with Performance Protein V2. It’s cheap, got top notch ingredients (except for you Sugar) and will be delivered before you finish ordering it. I highly recommend this product 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment