Friday 4 April 2014

GoNutrition Protein Mousse


 Protein Mousse

Overview

Here is what GoNutrition have to say:

GoNutrition® Protein Mousse is a delicious high protein dessert delivering over over 32g of high quality protein per 50g serving. This rich, thick and creamy mousse provides protein from 85% Micellar Casein, 80% Whey Protein Concentrate and 90% Calcium Caseinate. It is extremely low in fat and contains no added sugar, making it a great choice to satisfy sweet cravings post-workout of after a meal. Available in Strawberry Delight,Milk Chocolate and Butterscotch our amazing Protein Mousse is easily prepared with water or milk in your protein shaker and is ready to eat in seconds.

Nutritional Information

Per 50g serving:

Energy (kcal):174
· Protein (as-is) (g):32.8
· Fat (g):1.6
· of which saturates (g):1.1
· Carbohydrate (g):6.4
· of which sugars (g):5.8
·              Sodium (g):0.85
Ingredients

Protein Blend (Micellar Casein 85 (36%), Whey Protein Concentrate 80 (31%), Calcium Caseinate 90 (8%)), Skimmed Milk Powder, Cocoa Powder, Gelling Agents (Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Disodium Phosphate), Natural Flavouring, Colour (Beetroot Red [Strawberry Delight Flavour Only], Caramel [Butterscotch Flavour Only]), Sweetener (Sucralose), Instantising Agent (Soy Lecithin).
So it’s gives more protein than some shakes do which is great, it’s a desert so I don’t mind the 5.8g’s of sugar, hey it’s a treat. I don’t think this was ever supposed to eaten everyday it’s almost a method of having a cheat meal with cheating too much. The Micellar Casein contained in it means this actually a good choice for a late night snack because as we all know Casein is slow digesting and great for keeping your muscles trickle fed with protein overnight.
Taste
I had the Butterscotch flavour and it tastes absolutely gorgeous, just like a high protein Angel Delight. It does have a slightly powdery texture but not so much that it detracts from the enjoyment.  I happily had this on my cheat day and was quite smug that I was still hitting my MACROS.
Price
It costs £16.99 for a 750g pack providing 15 servings so its not dirt cheap but if you only have it once a week  it’ll last you nearly 4 months! Look at it like that and it’s actually pretty good value.
Side Effects
None
Results
I love it. I really do, I’ve always been a person who enjoys desert, in fact I don’t trust anyone who says “They aren’t a desert person”, this gives me a way to indulge in a tasty treat without any guilt.  32.8g’s of Protein is really quite impressive for this type of product and although you could use it at any time of the day due to the Casein protein included I would recommend it as a late night snack, perhaps even replacing a Casein shake for a bit of a change.
Yes it is slightly powdery when you eat it but it tastes so good that you really don’t care. I would happily make this part of my cutting regime so I can have a “treat” on my diet to keep me sane.

If you struggle to keep your diet on track and find you’re reach for the chocolate cake then give this a try and you won’t be disappointed. If you’re looking for a high protein treat then this is for you. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment