Thursday 27 November 2014

Active Woman Activate


 

Overview
Here’s what Active Woman have to say:

To kickstart your workout, look to Activate to put some bounce in your step. Packed with premium protein, Activate has the long-lasting nutrition and delicious taste to supercharge your energy levels so you need never fear the next trip to the gym. Protein has the incredible benefit of filling you up without bogging you down with fat or carbs so you can work on developing a toned physique without sweating what you're eating. With the added benefit of Green Tea to boost your metabolism and a complete vitamin complex to ensure sculpted muscle development, Activate is the perfect pre-workout drink for girls on the go.

Nutritional Information

Nutritional Information:  
 Per 30g  
 Energy (kJ/kcal)  
 444/106  
 Protein (g)  
 25
 Carbohydrate (g)  
 1.58
 Of which sugars (g)  
 1.28
 Fat (g)  
 0.47
 Of which saturates (g)  
 0.29
 Fibre (g)  
 Nil
 Sodium (g)  
 0.032  
 Green Tea (mg)  
 500  
 Vitamin D (mcg)  
 5
 Vitamin B6 (mg)  
 1.4
 Folic Acid (mcg)  
 200  
 Pantothenic Acid (mcg)  
 6  
 Calcium (mg)  
 522
 Zinc (mg)  
 5

Pre-workout protein shakes are quite rare these days. This shake focuses more on energy derived from protein and green tea than the traditional fast acting carbs and caffeine.

The protein is made up of slower digesting casein and fast acting whey. 500mg of green tea is enough to give you a bit of a boost. The carbs and fats are kept low. This shake closely mimics the nutritional breakdown of a good Diet Protein.

Taste
I had Stunning Strawberry and it is a very nice shake, its very similar to a standard diet protein shake in its consistency and flavour. No aftertaste or bad smells to be found.

Side Effects
None

Price
£28.99 for a tub with 15 servings in.

Results
I love a preworkout, I know they aren’t essential but its my favourite supplement. I found Activate very effective for some things and not so great for others. First the positives, its great for weight training, if you are a woman who lifts weights then this is for you. I never found that I missed the buzz of a high caffeine injection and although the pumps weren’t pronounced I never really missed that either. I always had energy and I found that I actually leaned out a bit whilst using Activate before my workouts. The only real time I missed a traditional preworkout was during HIIT training or cardio sessions where I found the protein a bit heavy to workout on.

I did use activate as a mid afternoon pick me up a couple of times as well in place of my normal shake and it works for that too. It’s very versatile.

It’s slightly expensive for the amount of servings you get but I’m sure there are offers available.

So basically its awesome for women who lift weights or want a protein buzz to get them through the afternoon but you might want something else in the cupboard for cardio training. 8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment