Monday 24 March 2014

GoNutrition Protein Chips

 
GoNutrition Protein Chips

Overview

Here’s what GO Nutrition have to say:
Protein Chips from GoNutrition® are an amazing, savoury high protein snack delivering 50% premium quality protein and remaining ultra-low in fats and sugars. We are the first UK sports nutrition brand to bring you this new and innovative protein delivery format, meaning you can enjoy a great tasting snack, which is usually off the menu and boost your protein intake at the same time. Each 30g serving of GoNutrition® Protein Chips delivers 15g of protein and contains over 90% less fat and carbs than standard crisps.

Protein and crisps that’s two of my favourite things combined! What can go wrong?

Nutritional Information

Per 30g Pack:



Energy:89 kcal
Fat:0.6g
of which saturates:0.1g
Carbohydrate:3.9g
of which sugars:0.3g
Dietary Fibre:6.0g
Protein:15.0g
Salt:1.4g


 So you get 15g worth of protein from crisps. I think I had a dream like this…..

Apparently it varies ever so slightly depending on which flavour you go for but that’s to be expected.

Taste

We reviewed both available flavours so we’ll put them separately on here:

Salt and Vinegar – Tasted excellent. They are very similar to Pop Chips in there texture as well. They really do taste as good as normal crisps but you don’t have the guilt after eating them. It’s great.

Mature Cheddar & Red Onion – I preferred the Salt and Vinegar ones, I found these dried out my mouth a bit. I gave them to another reviewer and they loved them though. Make no mistake I thought they tasted great but I didn’t have that “I want another bag” feeling like I did with the Salt and Vinegar pack. I suspect this is entirely down to the individual though, Salt and Vinegar is my favourite flavour of course I’m going like it more.  

Quick tip - give the bag a gentle shake before you open them, I forgot to do this and ended up with some weak tasting crisps on top and some far too strong tasting crisps at the bottom.

Price
£1.29 for 1 bag or 99p for 10 or more. So they are not as cheap as normal unhealthy crisps.

Results

Its protein crisps, it 99% of the fitness worlds wet dream. It’s an almost guilt free snack. I would keep these in my cupboard for when I fall off the wagon and need to cheat. I can cheat without cheating I LOVE IT. They taste great but the price point means they wouldn’t ever become a daily treat but then they aren’t supposed to be. They are a treat, you shouldn’t be eating crisps every day, have a pack once a week and that should be fine. If you can get them on offer or buy in bulk then its worth having them in the cupboard to avoid picking up the Doritos when times get desperate. They would score a perfect 10 if it wasn’t for the price (what can I say I’m cheap!) but trust me they are worth it. 8/10  


No comments:

Post a Comment