Monday 5 May 2014

BareFoot Biltong Caveman Trail Mix Review


 

Overview

Here is what Barefoot Biltong have to say:

Delight in the perfect balance of South African Biltong, Raw Almonds, Cranberries, Dried Mango, Pumpkin Seeds and Walnuts. A simple snack that feeds your craving without all the empty fillers you get in other products.

Basically it’s a healthy snack that’s full of good protein and fats.

Nutritional Information

Nutritional Information per 100g
Energy (KJ) 1709
Energy (Kcal) 407
Fat (g) 18.2
Carbohydrate (g) 39.4
Protein (g) 21.5

Everything in this snack is natural and healthy, the fats are the good kind, the carbs are the best for you and the protein is from beef and nuts. You can’t get better than that. Still though it is high in carbs so you’d have to factor this snack into your MACROs and work out the timings around your workouts so the carbs are properly utilised.

Taste
It’s pretty awesome, I’ll be honest if my MACROs would allow it I’d eat this every day. It’s very filling actually, not enough for a meal but more than satisfying. It’s tastes of quality, there is nothing cheap about it and it really shows through.

Price
£3.40 per 100g’s. Since you’ll have to pay post and packing as well it might be an idea to buy in bulk.

Results

I like this snack, in fact I like it a lot. Everything about it just works, it all blends together nicely. It makes a very handy snack and a great post gym treat. It works very well at providing a great tasting, fairly high protein snack that will help discourage you from reaching for a more unhealthy treat. I am always looking for a new treat to help me stick to a clean diet, the fact is dieting is hard and anything that can help me stick to the plan is a plus in my book. The only drawback is the price, in my opinion it is slightly too expensive for what it is, I imagine It’s probably the inclusion of the Biltong that pushes the price up but that is my only criticism. 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment