Friday 30 May 2014

Super Vitality Super Granola Review


 Image

Overview
Here is what Super Vitality have to say:

Super Granola is the perfect high protein breakfast or snack.
Our delicious, low GI mix of oats, rice protein and antioxidant-rich blueberries will provide you with the fuel you need to reach your goals.

Packed with Rolled oats, Blueberries, Cranberries, Brown rice protein, Pumpkin seeds, Sunflower seeds & Flaxseeds.

Nutritional Information

Container Size: 500g
Serving Size: 50g 
Servings Per Container: 10

Amount Per Serving: 
Total Calories: 242.5
Protein: 11.7g
Total Carbohydrates: 18.7g
-Sugars: 9.3g
Dietary Fibre: 0.9g
Fat: 8.1g
-Saturates: 1.3g
Sodium: 9.3g

So just under 12g of protein in a breakfast cereal, that's not too shabby. It is fairly high in Carbs (its Granola!) but it’s all what I would call good Carbs but I’m not sure about that 9.3g of Sugar, I would hope most, if not all, of that is naturally occurring sugar from the Blueberries and Cranberries. Still rather high though.

Taste
Amazing. Its really good, I looked forward to it. Plus although 50g’s of Granola doesn’t look a lot in a bowl it really does fill you up and keep you going for the morning.

Price
£6.49 for 10 servings. That doesn’t sound too much, its more than a box of Cornflakes from Sainsburys but this has top quality ingredients and 12g’s of protein in.

Side Effects
None

Results
I would have it every single day if I could. Its delicious, filling and gives a great amount of energy. I loved the Blueberries and Cranberries in it and I don’t normally like fruit in cereals. 12g’s of Protein is an OK amount I would like it nearer 20g mark but there are ways around that. Due to the high sugar content I wouldn’t use this everyday of the week I would reserve it for a high Carb day or a cheat day but it would be something to look forward to. The sugar content is really my only objection apart from that it’s a great breakfast option. 7/10


No comments:

Post a Comment